This tool is a guided walk around your community. This particular walk in Garnethill is lead by members of the Glasgow Women’s Library and by women and looks at the local history from the contemporary and historical perspective of the women of Garnethill. The idea is to give a tour around Garnethill open to everyone who wants know more about the local history and Glasgow.
- A tour guide
- Map of the area
- 60 minutes
- Umbrellas in case of rain
How to use it:
- Fix date and meet up location
- Spread the word about the event
- Maybe have a sort of booking system so that you’d know how many people are coming
- Prepare the tour and exercise public speaking
- Inform attenders with restricted mobility of possible obstacles
- Meet and greet the people for the tour
- Start tour
- Walk around
- End tour bringing people back to the starting point
Something like: even in a relatively small area it’s possible to find a rich past and history of the women living the area and city? It must be like this everywhere. Perhaps more should be done by the local council to acknowledge this history (with signs and plaques?) or it may be a community’s initiative.
Perhaps it’d be good to update the tour with histories coming from migrants and others’ cultures of those living in Garnethill.